By registering for Michigan State University Model United Nations (MSUMUN), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. All delegates must dress in Western Business Attire while at MSUMUN. If a delegate’s attire is deemed inappropriate by MSUMUN staff, the delegate will be asked to leave the session and return with appropriate attire. The MSUMUN Secretariat has the final say on any debate of the appropriateness of a delegates dress. Western business attire is not required for sPARTY.
2. All delegates are expected to consistently advocate the interests and represent the policies of his/her assigned country throughout the entirety of the conference. Delegates must in turn respect the views and ideas of other delegates even if said ideas are contradictory to his/her country’s views. All delegates must be prepared for and actively participate in committee sessions.
3. At all times, a delegate must wear his/her provided identification badge above the waist. Failure to do so can result in the loss of the rights and privileges accorded to delegates, including speaking time and recognition of motions. The credentials of all delegates will be assumed unless challenged in a point of order. If a delegate is challenged and found lacking credentials, the aforementioned penalties will take effect until such time as the delegate’s possession of credentials can be verified.
4. Delegates that participate in any of the following may be barred from further participation or expelled from the conference without refund at the discretion of the MSUMUN Secretariat:
5. The use of laptops, cell phones and “smart phones” is prohibited during conference proceedings, unless explicitly told otherwise. The staff of MSUMUN retains the right to confiscate laptops and phones if they are being used in an inappropriate manner.
6.All advisors must be a minimum age of 21 in order to register delegates. All faculty advisors are responsible for the safety, well being, and conduct of their delegates. Advisors are also required to assist the MSUMUN staff in enforcing MSUMUN Official Committee Rules, policies, dress code, and uphold the MSUMUN terms and conditions with regard to their school’s delegates.
Any work used, written, spoken or otherwise communicated, which is not original to a delegate’s personal intellect and creative prowess and is not properly cited or recognized is plagiarized. Such dishonesty communicates an inherent disrespect of oneself, one’s delegation, and MSUMUN. Any delegate or staff member proven to have committed plagiarism will be expelled from the Conference.
Alcoholic beverages and other illegal substances are strictly prohibited within The Kellogg Center, the East Lansing Marriott Hotel and any other MSUMUN-affiliated hotel or lodging while the conference is in session. Any delegates found possessing such substances will be immediately expelled from the Conference. The Secretariat will confiscate such substances, and may also evict the delegate’s entire school from the Conference. MSUMUN does not and will not tolerate the possession or use of such substances, and all staff members will strictly enforce any violations of this policy. All violators will be subject to civil and criminal prosecution.
Damage to the hotel and hotel property will be prosecuted: all charges for damage will be assessed to the responsible delegates. Furthermore, delegates are reminded to at all times be respectful of the hotel’s other guests, and to exhibit decorum outside of committee as well as inside.
MSUMUN will be located in the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center this year and we encourage schools to utilize this wonderful new location by staying at the hotel. In addition to the Kellogg Hotel, MSUMUN will also have limited overflow room at the East Lansing Hampton Inn. Staying at the Hampton Inn will require schools to be responsible for getting to and from the Kellogg Center.
If delegations are staying at a hotel that is not within walking distance of the Kellogg Center, MSUMUN will not be providing transportation to and from the Kellogg Center where the conference is held. We want to ensure that there is open communication and that delegations are aware of our transportation policy prior to the conference.
The following fees apply to all delegations of MSUMUN:
1. A school registration fee of $50.00 per school
2. A delegate fee of $65.00 per delegate during priority registration (September 19, 2016- November 4, 2016) or a delegate fee of $70.00 per delegate during standard registration (November 4, 2016- December 16, 2016)
MSUMUN asks that all fees be paid via check made out to Michigan State University Model United Nations. Payments can be sent to:MSUMUN South Case Hall Room 369 842 Chestnut Road East Lansing, MI 48825
3. Payments will be due before or on the first day of the conference, March 17, 2017. Secretariat holds the right to bar any school from the conference that fails to meet the deadline or fails to make other payment arrangements with MSUMUN before the first day of the conference.
4. Our refund policy is as follows:
Refunds of delegate fees requested before January 20, 2017 will be 100% refunded
Refunds requested between January 20, 2017 and February 10, 2017, delegate fees will be 50% refunded
No refunds will be issued after February 10, 2017